6.08.2012

10 Things

While cleaning out my GMail account, I came across an old blog from when I was testing out different platforms about 2 years ago. In my half-awake state this morning, even after 2 trips to Starbucks, I am laughing at some of the things I thought would make or break me in life, the photos, and some of my viewpoints. Man, things have changed a ton over the past few years. One of my favorite things I noticed was my page labeled "10" and it listed some 10 details about me and my life... these have not seemed to change much. So here they are:


10 Things About Me
1. I am from New York. [For arguments sake, yes I lived in NJ, but for anyone not from the Northeast/tri-state area- once a New Yorker, ALWAYS a New Yorker... and I did spend more than half the year in New York every year- that's another story]
2. LOVE Yankees baseball (ice hockey [NJ DEVILS] is not far behind). - this is still probably the only loyalty I have to the Garden State- Thank you Martin Brodeur. 
3. I’m a Virgo… to some people this is important. Yes, I am a Virgo to the T.
4. I graduated from SMU in Dallas, Texas. Why Texas? Because of my summers here in the Hill Country at Camp Mystic for Girls. AND many can say I was born in the wrong state...
5. I LOVE to ski and that’s about the only time I can handle snow and the cold. (yes my blood has thinned and to all my ski friends--they think this is REALLY funny). Nothing has changed here, except for maybe that I don't get to ski as often as I'd like- damn real world priorities. 
6. I enjoy a good workout and currently obsessed with Pure Barre and running at night with my dog Mr. Bendel. Still love PB but it is a little far to drive to squeeze in a workout at 6am before work... still love the runs/walks with Mr. B but now I change up my workout with TRX, Kickboxing and boot camps.
7. Other things I enjoy are spending time on the ranch, sailing, a good book [yes, I'll admit I enjoyed 50 shades... probably not in the same way as mosts], movie [a certain guy I know would say I don't watch enough of them], and pen, snail mail, pictures, quotes, traveling, my amazing friends, to-do lists, music, the color green, and shopping. There could be many additions to this list but that is a blog post in itself. 
8. I’m celiac. (and no it’s not that terrible). Still not that bad.
9. My favorite season is fall for the September issues of fashion magazines, my birthday, postseason baseball, and the leaves changing. This still about sums it up... with the addition of a few of my favorite Dallas charity events of the year!
10. Some people find me intimidating but I swear I’m not, I care a ton about the people close to me, enjoy a challenge, and will not settle. Oh and my eyes change colors… Yep, still ALL true.
So there you have it. Some of my additions are in italics but for the most part, still the same- I've just grown up more, trying to embrace the opportunities to be young with the older responsibilities. 
Have a fabulous weekend and watch the Belmont Stakes, wish I were home to see the race in person! Who are you cheering for?
XO

No comments:

Post a Comment