8.01.2012

ATL Recap

Now that the July Photo of the Day posts are all said and done, I would love to share with y'all my Atlanta adventures from last weekend! I took Friday off and went to Atlanta for a 3 day weekend with 3 great girlfriends from Camp Mystic. The whole weekend was a blast and totally made getting up at 4:30AM on Friday morning worth every second :)



Friday: 
7AM flight to ATL- slept, worked on rewriting my manual for the office and enjoyed my Starbucks... Landed early :)
Marsha picked me up and got to see her and Brian's new apartment. Then went to eat at YEAH Burger- OMG we NEED ONE IN DALLAS!! Best burger EVER, not to mention they had #glutenfree just about everything- the buns, the fries, onion rings, beer, I'm getting hungry just thinking about it.
After lunch, we shopped around the Virginia Highlands area and then went to see Moonrise Kingdom while we waited for everyone to get off of work. Got a great pair of earrings from Mitzi's Corner, some yummy chocolate from Bella Cucina and some funky magnets for my fridge at home. There were some great homey stores as well and I had to make keep my wallet in my purse... so many great things I wanted to have back in D!





We went back to Marsha's, got changed for dinner and went to see Jeanette's place. Drank her signature "slush," hungout with Luna and watched some Olympic Opening Ceremony.
Then we went to meet Audrey at Barcelona Wine Bar for some yummy tapas and drinks. Following a long and great catch-up dinner we headed out for the night and stopped by The Ivy which totally reminded me of a more laid back version of a typical Dallas bar. At the end of the night we capped it off with some Dominos #glutenfree take out (where they think "Carolyn" is spelled "Karolyn" and slumber party at Aud's.

Saturday:
Tasting Room
Met up with the boys (Brian and William) for brunch at JCT Kitchen- OMG I LOVED this place. This would be another great restaurant in Dallas as well. Following brunch/lunch Aud drove me around ATL and we ended up at the Coca Cola Museum. If you have never been it will be the best $16 you ever spend in your life. Despite the hour wait in the heat, I especially loved seeing the old artifacts, holding the ATL Olympic torch from 1996 and ending the tour of the museum in the "Tasting Room" where you got to try all the Coca Cola products from around the world. This is where I had the opportunity of drinking more Stoney- my favorite drink from my trip to Uganda a few years ago. That night, we were suppose to all meet up and go to the High Museum for an event but after an exhausting day and Aud not feeling well for a chunk of it we decided to stay home with her housemates and watch the Olympics while eating in. It was the perfect night before gearing back up for another busy week.





ATL Olympic Torch

Largest Coca-Cola Artifact

 





Walk through Centennial Olympic Park



Sunday:
Olympic Spirit
Woke up kinda early and went on a 3 1/2 mile walk through Buckhead, got some Starbucks and went to Highland Bakery for brunch with Aud. We then went to Chastain Park for another 3 mile walk... great peaceful Sunday morning with a good workout thrown on in. That afternoon we went to Yogurtland for a pick me up, showered, watched some more of the Olympics and packed before heading to the airport. Saying goodbye was the worst but I borded the plane with hopes of seeing these girls again real soon! Landing back in Dallas was hard but I came home to a happy puppy and my great friend John who picked me up at the airport.

A little ATL for Mr. B


They are the best and made this weekend more than special for me, so thank you :)

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment