7.05.2012

Throwback Thursday

This past weekend, I spent some time with two of my best girlfriends from Camp Mystic . We got to celebrate one of our "cool married couples" moving into their first home! It was a great party with some pretty awesome people. The home is adorable and I am so happy for them!
Throughout the afternoon/evening on Saturday there were many discussions of the old days and even though we don't get to spend all this time together because of our busy lives, our loyalty to one another never changes. These girls are my family, my rock and my lifeline. I would not be the girl I am today without them. Through birthdays, summers on the Guad, war canoe races, family issues, deaths, breakups, job struggles- you name it, they are ALWAYS there. Our devotion to each other is so hard to put into words but my cousin put it perfectly in her Facebook status last Sunday- "If you are lucky, you get to go to Camp Mystic. If you are really lucky, you get to see your camp friends become phenomenal women. I am the luckiest."
Life is bumpy, ever changing, and sometimes just plain HARD to get through but no matter what part of the world we may be in, the bond we share from camp is forever strong.
Here are some of my favorite snapshots from some years ago...












 Have a good Thursday xo

No comments:

Post a Comment