10.10.2012

MLB Postseason

Anyone who really knows me knows that my FAVORITE time of year in sports is the MLB postseason. Well folks, postseason is in full-swing and I am one of those girls who surprises the guys she is around by knowing more postseason baseball than most guys actually do. Now don't ask me about stats because I know I can't tell you and I'll totally admit it but you ask me about history and specific games... most of the big ones I have been to when it comes to the #Yankees back when I was growing up in the tri-state area but baseball isn't just a pastime sport for me, it is so much more. Baseball defines many big moments of my childhood and lasting father-daughter memories. I was born during a Yankees/Red Sox series right on the cusp of postseason in the late 80's and it has been a love I have had since birth. My dad taught me most everything I know about baseball and his love for the game and the Yankees has been passed down to me. Whether random games or bigger postseason ones... like the Subway series with the Mike Piazza and Roger Clemens bat issue or Pedro, "Who's your Daddy?" or after 9/11 when New York came together as one. When I turned 16 during a Tampa Bay game and my dad caught a ball in the second row, listening to the Yankees soundtrack on the way to the Bronx, getting that foot long hot dog at our favorite spot in the stadium and our postseason traditions of buying certain pieces of Yankees merchandise. The feeling you get when they win and the letdown you feel when you lose because you wish you played harder... wait, we aren't on the team. There is just something about Yankee tradition and the family of fans that is unlike anything else in the world. There are so many memories and I could list them for days but whether I am a month old in my Yankees jumper, 2 years old in my Yankees players jacket, 18 with my Pettitte's jersey or today with my 2 Rivera jerseys that I can't wear often enough, I live for the game and the memories that are made every postseason. Here's to 2012!


xo 

No comments:

Post a Comment